The airborne toxic event - Innocence


I want to dissapear And, I'll just sleep all day These spots on my face Theseteethmarks on my wrist And the air so cold I shudder and I can't sing The carpet on my feet Sweat stains on the sheets Cough syrup and drugs Bandages and guaze The razors dull the water was cold against my skin The radio love is static buzzin' around my brain In all these empty plans These ink stains on my hands And everyone saves The best words for the grave All these weary morning tones I'll probably save mine too If heavens just a long road home Tell me it's true I'll go too I'll go too I'll go too Well, I lost my innocence today I could feel her in my bones My bones, my bones, my bones My blood, my blood, my blood, my blood And I woke up, tired, scared and sad Soaked, drained, I felt so bad Today, today, today What you steal, you steal, you steal, you steal Won't you say, you say, you say, you say What you feel, you feel, you feel, you feel Which is nothing but hollow feelings, yeah I could die, I just don't care And forget happiness, I'm fine I'll forget everything in time I swear I didn't know, You know me, how I can't let go And we're not guts, we're just hacks All that life amongst the cracks The scars, the siege that breaks The ugliest scene, the worst mistakes And everywhere I see her face Such a beautiful child, such an awful waste And there's no innocence like hers Just emptiness and nerves And this light from the window of my car She'll never see it, oh my God I was so surprised, it blew up in my face Lord, I lost my nerve, oh my God... Oh my God, oh my... God And I tear, I tear, so hard... And I tear, I tear, so hard... And I beg and scream, "I was wrong" It's over, she's gone.